CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Brida--A magical rendezvous...

When the story begins, I was astounded at how much a man can understand a woman's heart and so well.The story was extremely fascinating because the plot was all before our eyes.There wasn't the suspense factor that Coelho always tries to create in most of his books... Here all the facts were right before our eyes...We knew this was gonna happen and how....but what keep us reading on is the interesting way of speech and philosophy that were something we already knew but coming from Coelho it sounded way different and convincing. For example, the power of moon ... I have earlier heard about this tradition which helps you accumulate the power or rather the glow from the moon..and it is said to have an amazing effect ... They say it makes your day go well and it makes you feel as if electricity flows through your veins..This is in no way related to any magic or voodoo but this was simply a tradition that was followed by ancient people and I fear nothing ever so to talk about it ....But I must say I never knew that I would read about this in a Book... and I totally appreciate the author for having the courage to say things like this and that too aloud ..in a world like this where people say they are Very "modern" and "fashionable" but are still living in the primitive ages of fear of black magic and satanic worship.... which I have least interest on or knowledge about and feel better off without it....Well, According to me, we have moved forward form silly things, thoughts or fears as these ages ago... But still they say they are fashionable.. maybe it's time for them to realize that fashion isn't all about the outside but it must come from inside..somewhere deep inside our subconscious...it's not something that we wear on top of the skin...It something that we represent for ourselves or as our identity .....If there is God.. then there is an enemy for him.. but if we believe that after all, this too is a spark man's amazing imagination ... we might actually feel a lot more different about these primitive ideologies...Well, we have strayed away from the topic...
Well, My favorite character would be the Magus... Not just because the amazing character sketch, also because I'm a girl and find that character amazingly attractive *blush* ...Well, the book would be a three and a half stars worth according to me since It's the first of the kind I'm reading .. I mean to say romantic stories...I usually never read romances...than in poems...I might like to add that this is one of the best from Coelho, I've read . Other than The Zahir ofcourse....When I started reading the book..I just wanted to read till the end and wanted too know how he manages to give it a conclusion ..... When I was reaching the epilogue..I felt this "Void" ,For some unknown reason and just didn't want it to end and when I reached the end and thought about it ..I felt this certain calmness in the my mind.. Somewhat like "catharsis" ..I seriously dunno if that term is usable here... But somehow I felt this calmness... something that resembles the silence after a war or a calamity .....An atmosphere of serenity was cast upon me when I finished reading it .....
It was a pleasant experience.. I say, A must read for young people as well as the old ..who would like a peaceful read in their free time......
Adios Amigos!~

0 comments: